This is probably the easiest pasta recipe. It’s perfect for weeknight cooking where you just don’t know what to cook and you want to cook something quick. And it’s so delicious as well!
My husband loves creamy pasta—you know, alfredo and carbonara type of thing, but I never can quite replicate the creaminess of the sauce, until now. Apparently there’s a trick to make such lovely, thick sauce, and I’ll share with you on how to do that on the method section!
The other great thing with this pasta is that you can pretty much substitute chorizo with anything you want. I’ve made it with bacon and chicken as well, and they both taste good.
Creamy Fettuccine with Chorizo
Cooks in 30 minutes
- 1/2 medium or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- spoonful of butter, depends on how ‘sinful’ you’d like it to be
- 2 chorizos, sliced, or sliced chicken thigh/bacon
- full cream
- mushroom, sliced (optional)
- parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- fettuccine (I usually use 3/4 of the 500 gr packet)
- Boil water and add a good spoonful of salt. Add fettuccine and let it boil until al dente.
- Add butter/oil to pan, and stir-fry the chorizo/bacon/chicken. (If cooking with chicken, add a bit of salt and pepper for seasoning at this stage.) Set aside.
- Add more butter/oil to the pan, and stir-fry onion until they’re soft and fragrant. Add garlic. If using mushroom slices, add them at this stage as well.
- Return meat back to the pan, and add the cooked fettuccine.
- Add a cup of the pasta water, and a cup of the full cream. And here’s the trick: add enough pasta water and the full cream, and it doesn’t matter if it looks soupy. Continue to stir them over low to medium heat, until the sauce thickens. This might take a few minutes, but the end result is super creamy pasta. If it’s not creamy enough, add more full cream milk and continue to stir them over heat.
- Season with salt and pepper. I also usually like to add a teaspoon of sugar. Serve with parmesan cheese, parsley, and chilli flakes. It’s so good that you’ll be going for seconds!